SOMTech Elevated Account Request
Elevated accounts are used to provide administrative rights to specific PCs. Per VCU security standards, these accounts should only be granted when necessary.
The form below is the first step in the elevated account request process. The whole process is outlined here:
- Requester complete this request form and submits it.
- The submitted form is routed to the supervisor (or admin) listed in the request for approval.
- The supervisor/admin approves the request and submits it to SOMTech.
- SOM Security reviews the submission and works with the requester to obtain any missing details.
- Once approved, SOM Security will work with the requester to get the elevated account setup and configured on the requested PCs.
Requests are processed in the order that they are received and the timeframe to get a response can be affected by many factors. Please email SOMSecurity@vcuhealth.org if you would like to check the status of the request.